TO-DO LIST FOR THE DEPRESSED
1). Wash your sheets, change your pillow case, wash your blankets. Wash away all the days you’ve spent withering in bed crying. Wash the tears off your pillowcase. Wash away the sad skin cells. Wash away the darkness.
2). Take a shower today. Brush your teeth. Make yourself a good breakfast and remind yourself that you deserve to eat. Dress to impress— yourself. Do whatever makes you feel put together, even if you’re not leaving the house.
3). Water your plants and remind yourself that you love them even though they’re not growing quickly. The same should go for yourself.
4). Feed your pets and remind yourself that there will be no one to love them if you commit suicide. Know that there is no one your cat purrs louder around and there is no one your dog’s face lights up for but you.
5). Return all the things you’ve been meaning to return. Return the clothes that make you feel fat. Return the clothes that make you feel ugly. Return your sick clothes. Throw them away if you need to. Let go if you need to. Cry if you need to and remember why you kept them for so long, but know that it is okay to let them go now. Return your cynicism to the cold boy who taught you it was better to love nothing. Make him feel how warm your heart is now without him.
6). Get new curtains. Close them. Close your eyes. Open them. Pull away the curtains. Let yourself reminded that there may be things in life you can’t control, but how much light enters your room is something you can control. The same can be said for your soul. You decide how much light you let in. You decide how many people you let in. You decide how many people you let help you. You decide how you love and who you love. Let that sink in for a moment.
7). Let yourself float in water. You only drown when you panic. Lie on your back and relax. Even on days when you can’t function, remind yourself that all you have to do is float. As long as you are breathing, you are alive.
|—||5:42 p.m. (To-do list on days I can’t function)|
1. Dimples are an inherited genetic flaw. They are caused by a fibrous band of tissue that connects the skin to an underlying bone.
2. 330 million different gods are worshipped by the Hindu religion.
3. We are subconsciously more attracted to people who have the same music taste as we do.
1. Daydreaming is good for your brain.
2. A small boy got his head stuck in a traffic cone - pretending to be Harry Potter. Six fireman worked on the 3 yr old for 30 min to free him.
3. Scarlett Johansson is a twin. She is three minutes older than her brother Hunter Johansson
4. A vegan…
1. Elephants are actually terrified of bees and mice.
2. Daniel Radcliffe was not a big fan of the Harry Potter book series as a child.
3. In Shampoo and Moisturiser Ads, “Essential Oils” means that the oil gives off a distinctive scent, not that they’re essential.
4. Ostriches can fall in…
1. All the things you say to Siri on the iPhone is analyzed & stored. All information is sent to Apple, and Apple has the right to share it.
2. Ian Fleming chose the name James Bond for the title character of his spy novels because “it was the dullest name I had ever heard.”
3. Out of all…
1. A study out of UC Berkeley claims that, more than money, being highly respected by your friends and colleagues will bring you happiness.
2. Toilet paper was invented in China in the late 1300s – It was for emperors only.
3. A proper handshake should last for about three seconds.
1, People who consume more pizza may actually be decreasing their risk of cancer.
2. “The Dark Knight” was the first comic book movie to ever win an Oscar for achievement in acting (for Heath Ledger’s performance).
3. Going to sleep at the same time every night increases your chances of…
1. Simon Cowell was arrested at age 12 for hijacking a bus with a toy gun.
2. Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different.
3. Mountain Dew was originally made to be mixed with whiskey.
4. Drinking 16 ounces of cold water on an empty stomach will increase your metabolism by 30%.
1. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop. They’ll be waiting for you when you start doing things you love.
2. Reading a book before bed tires your eyes. As a result, your brain is tricked into feeling tired and falling asleep is easier.
3. If you tend to wake up early after drinking, it might be because your blood sugar is low. A slice of bread or peanut butter can solve this
4. On http://myfridgefood.com you can put in whatever you have in your fridge and it will tell you everything you can make with them